Bullets seem to Matter

NYT is the epitome of fake news and left wing propaganda and anything published by that rag is always questionable.

It is amazing that a college professor gets paid to research and write about things that are commonly known. This guy is taking parents hard earned money and teaching their kids gibberish. No wonder so many are living at home.

“As far as I know, everyone in the field believes bigger-caliber handguns are more lethal than smaller-caliber handguns — it's a nonissue," said Gary Kleck, a professor emeritus of criminology at Florida State University, in an email. But he said the study failed to take into consideration that a larger gun might signal a more determined killer. "The authors' implied claim that lethality of the shooter's intent has no effect on victim death is bizarre."

DO CRIMINALS SOMETIMES CHOOSE SMALL CALIBER GUNS TO BE MERCIFUL TO THEIR VICTIMS? I DON'T THINK SO!

I would bet most criminals don't choose their guns at all, but simply take a gun when it is available if they happen to need a gun around that time in their lives. If they ever went shopping among a variety of guns to pick from, I think they would choose one primarily for its combination of ease of concealment and firepower, trying to strike a balance just like we all do. If the gun-shopping crook with many makes and models to choose from ends up with a small caliber gun, that is probably a reflection of the guns small size and ease of concealment. Not a desire that the people he might shoot in the future will survive .

Back
Top Bottom