• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Burris XTR ii thoughts

pipewrench

Default rank <1500 posts Supporter
Ice cream assassin
145   0
Reaction score
Does anyone own any of the Burris XTR ii line?

Looking for opinions on them from someone who owns one...I’ve read lots of reviews but would like to hear from an ODT’er.

Im primarily concerned with tracking, true adjustments, how tough they are, etc.

Overall, solid scopes for the cost. Reliable, track well for the most part, and glass is decent enough. Doubt that you would regret getting one, especially if you aren't used to better glass.

But, there are others that I would go with in that price bracket first. Bushy DMR II or HDMR II and Meopta Optika6 5-30 come to mind.

I had an XTR II for a while. 5-25. great for the money. I sold it recently and have been planning on going with the XTR III but haven't had the time to jump into it again. Especially for the prices they are going for these days, it's hard to beat. I've seen them in the $700-800 for the 5-25, and it's very good scope for that kind of money.

I have a XTR II in 4-20 with the SCR Mil reticle. One of my favorite scopes. I prefer it over my Gen 2 Viper PST 5-25. Its not quite what my Steiner is but for the money difference its close. I use it with my clip on night vision and it does great there. Love the reticle as well. Scope tracks well never noticed an issue and return to zero has never failed me. Ive run it out to 1670 yards and back with no problems.

I had an 5-25 mil ffp. My buddy still has his. Great scopes. Tough, reliable tracking, decent glass. You can find them used for roughly $750. Definitely a steal.

Back
Top Bottom