• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bushmaster M4 A3 Patrolman carbine

1911guy

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
21   0
Reaction score
I have owned this rifle for over a year now. It performs flawless under any conditions. It eats anything from the highest quality match ammo, to the cheapest Russian stuff you can buy.
I had a guy at the range give me 100 rounds of .223 ammo he got from somewhere,that his M&P 15 did not agree with(many fail to feeds and fail to ejects). The Bushmaster fired all 100 rounds with no issues at all.
Lost count of how many rounds down the tube,but she ain't no safe queen!
I have been completely satisfied with this rifle, and would buy another tomorrow.:)

I agree 100%, I've had the same rifle since early 2007 and it's a real shooter. Like you said it'll eat anything you feed it and with quality ammo it's extremely accurate for a 16" barrel. I put a few accessories on mine, a Samson quadrail, Hogue rubber grip, Badger Ord. tactical latch, rubber butt pad to keep it from slipping on a slick shirt and an EOTech 511 red dot co-witnessed with the iron sights. I have a Harris bi-pod adapter, flashlight mount for a Surefire light and a vertical foregrip for it but they're not on it right now. Gets kinda heavy with all that other stuff on it. If I had the money, I'd buy another one too so I could have one in black and one in camo.

I've got the same rifle, has worked very good over the years that I have had it, went the first ~800 rounds without cleaning and it didn't even hiccup even though most of the first 800 rounds I did put through it was Brown Bear. It is also an accurate rifle, have gotten 1 1/2 to 2 inch groups with junk ball ammo with iron sights.

I have one of these that was built in Windham, Maine. It's an excellent gun and really put together well. The one additional comment I wanted to add to this thread is that this one locks up really tight between the upper and lower receiver. You can tell it was custom-fitted. This is not the case with most of the other complete AR rifles I've handled. This includes a Daniel Defense I picked up and held at the gun store a few weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom