• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bushnell Trophy Cam HD 8MP - DEAL!!! $139

Yep. I bought one on sale last year from Cabelas (camo model). Had a problem out of the box. Got it replaced immediately and this one has different problems. I was pretty excited to have that many features for such a low price but with the missed shots, degrading trigger speed, weak night time video illumination (first cam was much brighter but would only trigger half the time), etc... I'm a little disappointed. :( With production of cameras so quickly moved to China it's really a crap shoot it seems whether what you get will work as advertiesed.
Video from backyard early yesterday morning. :cool: Click pic to play.

did you download the update to the cam?? i heard of people having problems with it before the update but my understanding was the update corrected those problems

i do understand the bleaching with the subject being so close to the cam though

I haven't attempting to download any updates. That wasn't meant to be an example of a 'bad' video. ;)
Here's another. Notice how weak the lighting is. The trigger speed seems to be getting slower and slower.
Note the black coyote in the background. That tree in the foreground is probably only 20 FEET from the cam. The illumination is simply sub par.

Daytime example. The trigger speed isn't what it should be nor is the resolution. Admitedly I use mine exclusively on video which is not what most people do.

I have two and would not buy another. They take good pictures sometimes and they are for crap just as much. One was sent back for repair 3 weeks ago. The low battery led started staying on all the time about 6 months back. It did make for some interesting shots of animals coming right up and staring in to the lens. They both randomly have problems powering on. They do have an excellent battery life. I've had them both about a year.

Back
Top Bottom