• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buying from Amazon

Most of the time they delay order processing times on free shipping orders so you can appreciate and pony up to the Prime membership fee.

Amazon used to be good about shipping early and arriving before the estimated range (non-prime).
Recently many orders don't seem to ship until a day or two before the end of the estimated range. But they then send two day or next day and it gets here on the last estimated day.
Seems they like putting off shipping as long as possible, and then paying extra for quick shipping. No idea why.

some items, usually small, you need to look at carefully as Amazon now has some vendors shipping from China. Ordered some lights for one of my cars and it took 5 weeks to get them. Amazon is really great, if you return something you get the refund usually one hour after you drop it off at UPS. Once they scan in the label Amazon gets the info and issues a refund even before the package leaves the ups store. With prime (which is also a video service that is included) Amazon is hard to beat.

It totally depends on who is actually fulfilling the order. If it's actually Amazon, then it'll ship pretty quickly.

If it's a 3rd party vendor who simply uses Amazon as a warehouse it may be slower, since their processing time may be (probably is) slower than Amazon's.

If it's a 3rd party that just uses Amazon as a way to sell online, it can take forever. I've had cases where I ordered something and it was delivered to me straight from China a few weeks later.

I've learned my lesson and I always look at the estimated shipping times now.

Back
Top Bottom