• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Buying handgun in state private!

Federal law says you must disclose the fact that you're shipping a firearm to the shipper. FedEx and UPS have in the past stated that firearms must ship overnight, which means $45 to $65 bux depending on the distance and weight.

They'll probably also charge extra for special addressee signature only, as in the ship to person must be present and sign for package when it arrives. No other adult can sign for it. And you may have to fight with the UPS/fedex rep/manager because they may say they can't ship firearms (even tho their policy says they do - take a copy).

All said and done, it's just better to post on the popular gun forums in their for sale sections and only sell it locally where you can meet in person.

Last edited:
I've only shipped one gun. It was a lever action that I sent to Dad. Left the box open so I could show the guy at the UPS hub it was unloaded. He didn't want to check the contents, he didn't even glance at the FFL I brought with me. Taped up the box and it was shipped. Went by UPS ground to... I dont think it was quite "textbook"

Long guns can go UPS Ground or Fedex. I have only used UPS. They do require direct signature confirmation but I've found them to be sporadic in enforcing that policy at the hub.

I've only shipped one gun. It was a lever action that I sent to Dad. Left the box open so I could show the guy at the UPS hub it was unloaded. He didn't want to check the contents, he didn't even glance at the FFL I brought with me. Taped up the box and it was shipped. Went by UPS ground to... I dont think it was quite "textbook"

Back
Top Bottom