Buying land with mobile home on it

gasinit.jpg

Looking at purchasing some land in Houston County. We really like it but the only issue is the land has a mobile home on it. We don't want the mobile home and will look to get rid of it asap after purchasing. So my question is, what are our options? Can we just give it away for free if the pay for removing it? Demo it? It is liviable but would need some work on it.

I have researched and found no code about not removing it from the county. Could be wrong though.
I'm confused. Why don't you get the current owners to deal with it? :confused: Simply make it a condition of the purchase.

You need to make sure it has not been de-titled.
Meaning it and the land are as 1.
If it has then you need to re-title it to sell or move it.

Don't quote me on this as I am not a lawyer.

I am a demolition contractor, so I know a thing or two about this.
It does not matter so much about local rules, in demolition you have to worry about the state EPD. Regardless of the age of the tenement on wheels, they usually have very little to abate the asbestos, mostly window glazing and duct tape on the HVAC. Go ahead and have it tested, mesothelioma ain't no joke. Asbestos is only a problem when it has been disturbed. Secondly, have a contractor file a 10 day notification with the state EPD, then this local contractor guy can make a mobile home disappear cheap and fast. Some guys will do a mobile home really cheap because they are stupid and think they will get rich recycling the frame and axles. Don't let someone do it in exchange for the recycling, they will never finish, will not fill out the proper paperwork and leave you a mess to clean up. Mobile homes are never worth moving, they are built cheaply and do not hold up. On the high end you are probably looking at $3-4000 all in.
Good luck, don't cut corners on the state notification, keep in mind that the building shows up on the tax digest and if one of those attorneys who advertise on TV ever shows up and wants to see the paperwork where you tested for asbestos, you want to have something to hand them.

There are mobile home professionals that are licensed and insured that deal with this on a daily basis. If you need to get rid of a mobile or modular home, call someone in the business.

Back
Top Bottom