• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buying land with mobile home on it

TacticalMountaineer

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
103   0
Reaction score
Looking at purchasing some land in Houston County. We really like it but the only issue is the land has a mobile home on it. We don't want the mobile home and will look to get rid of it asap after purchasing. So my question is, what are our options? Can we just give it away for free if the pay for removing it? Demo it? It is liviable but would need some work on it.

I have researched and found no code about not removing it from the county. Could be wrong though.

orig11.deviantart.net_7c7b_f_2014_308_1_9_19646ea86b2d9c47d3301cd371b47631_d85783i.jpg

Check municode.com to find the city / county ordinances for that area.
You say you don't want it. You want it gone. Leaving it "as is" is not a good option for you? Why? Is it in the way? An eyesore? An attractive nuisance for lowlifes, squatters, dopers, teens looking for a place to hook up, etc?

If there's no local law telling you what you can do with it, I'd say just smash it flat with sledgehammers, throw dirt on it, and invite the trees and bushes to reclaim it and cover it as it slowly disintigrates over the next 50 years. It will be less visible and not a home for vagrants or meth-cookers.

I'll bet that you will find numerous laws restricting what you can or can't do with it, though.

It could be that the law requires you to either fix it up to Code, complying with all the laws about health, sanititation, electrical safety, etc....

... or destroy it and have it hauled off to a landfill. If you have to destroy it, you can probably find some local junk collector to haul away the metal roof and siding and the pipes and wires. You can burn the wood frame. The carpeting and curtains and all that stuff--too nasty to burn, being made of synthetic materials like plastics-- will have to go to a landfill.

Back
Top Bottom