Buying out of state thru an individual..

No2sc2

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
37   1
Reaction score
Anyone have a bad experience? Like seller took money and ran hahah

set it up with a FFL-give money to ffl-have seller send to ffl and then you can inspect it when ffl gets it---ffl sends money to seller--when seller gets money ffl gives you gun--all is safe--going out of state you need ffl anyway

I have done probably 10 out of state transactions, never had a seller take off with the money. I ONLY use Postal Money Orders to make the purchase. It is a little protection against fraud, but really not much. Make sure you know what you are buying. Get as many pictures as possible, talk to the seller several times in order to get a feel for who you are sending money. But even if you do all that and you feel good about everything, there is still a risk. 9 of the 10 transactions I have done, the seller understated the condition of the gun. OK, on the 1 out of 10, the conditon was no where near what I was lead to believe. I confronted the seller and he sent some of the money back, not much, but some. If the seller wants to ship the gun himself and not go through a FFL, you will have to find a FFL that will accept shipments from individuals. That can be difficult.
As long as you know there is a risk and have done everything to minimize the risk, go for it. Good luck with the purchase.

I've. Bought one through gunbroker, and the seller had solid feedback. Another I bought from member on another forum. He was located in Oregon. Both good experiences.

As a seller I had a member of glocktalk that was interested in my G19 RTF2. We spoke on the phone and our negotiations went fine. Thermal he mentioned that he preferred to see the gun in person and was willing to drive down from north Carolina to get. When I mentioned the legality issue of selling a gun like that he backpedaled. Suddenly my price was too high. When I offered alternatives he stopped answering messages.

I have purchased several and never had an issue. Like someone else above, I use only USPS money orders. Trust me, nobody wants the Postal Inspectors knocking on their door......One of my friends is a lead inspector in the Atlanta area and those guys don't play. I NEVER deal with someone without talking to them on the phone. Usualy, if someone is willing to give you their phone number, they are on the level.

set it up with a FFL-give money to ffl-have seller send to ffl and then you can inspect it when ffl gets it---ffl sends money to seller--when seller gets money ffl gives you gun--all is safe--going out of state you need ffl anyway

You know, I was thinking of why FFL don't offer that service? Say I sell a gun to someone in Florida, we make agreement with each other prior FFL, but when I go to FFL, I can give it to them and person can go to his FFL and submit money and the 2 FFL exchange items and call it a day without having someone send money first then seller send firearm after....

I've. Bought one through gunbroker, and the seller had solid feedback. Another I bought from member on another forum. He was located in Oregon. Both good experiences.

As a seller I had a member of glocktalk that was interested in my G19 RTF2. We spoke on the phone and our negotiations went fine. Thermal he mentioned that he preferred to see the gun in person and was willing to drive down from north Carolina to get. When I mentioned the legality issue of selling a gun like that he backpedaled. Suddenly my price was too high. When I offered alternatives he stopped answering messages.

I bet he was a felon.... Thats why he wanted to drive all the way to you to "see" the gun and might as well "buy" it then too.. You have a RTF2? I am looking... Does it hae gills?

Back
Top Bottom