By baby is coming home!!

mo mauser mo mauser and some others had asked for this, so here it is!

Range Report: Had the opportunity to put my first rounds down the tube of the new build today. In a nutshell, the gun shoots wonderfully!!! Below are the two groups I shot after getting it on paper. The group with the Rem box ammo is a 6 shot group. The other pic is a 5 shot group with of 70gr Speer spitzer reloads I had worked up and used to shoot through this gun before the barrel swap and other work. I’m super happy with it and can’t wait to tweak the reloads to see what I can get out of this new barrel.

A629CA6F-79C8-4E2A-9013-671D067BF14E.jpeg
CFCF92D9-6988-4C28-8840-2B6B389BA620.jpeg

Sweet! Time to develop some test loads.

Yep, free bore in this barrel is a LOT less than it was in the factory barrel. I had to set the rounds back in my 70gr reloads a good bit to be able to safely chamber and fire them. I ended up setting them back to same length as the factory Rem stuff I was shooting yesterday. In the end I’ll be able to stretch them out a little farther than that, but not much. No clue when I’ll have time to get to that, but I’ll keep ya posted. For now, I feel confident I can kill any critter that I need to with the ammo I’ve got till I get (or make) time to work on load development.

Back
Top Bottom