• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

C&R Pics

GREAT guy that is for sure. I envy his collection and he likes a few of mine. Fun to share trigger time with him.

I think I have convinced him he needs an FN49.

Another guy at the range had one too, a Venezuelan converted to accept 20 round detachable magazines.

Mine is a Luxembourg in 30-06!

You guys are killing me and my bank account!
It's good to have friends with mutual interest.

Milsurpcollector tell Mike that I did add the anti walk pins to the A1 (not period correct but works better? I cleaned her tonight saw the C MP C stamp on the barrel , geez I have had it so long I forgot some of the nuances.

Good day yesterday for sure.

I picked up a Barreled receiver earlier this month and brought her back to life. Note: ( temporarily). (Still need a ton of parts. I used all my parts from my other Garand. )
Its a 1945 SA 3.7 receiver with a 1951 VAR barrel on her. One of our other ODT brothers reamed the barrel and checked head space for me. She shot wonderfully. A bit high and to the left but I have sights that need some work. Enjoy the pics on the private range.

View attachment 788254 View attachment 788255 View attachment 788256 View attachment 788257
I envy your shooting range. So hard to find a good place to shoot outdoors close to home anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hear ya. I almost never shoot indoors anymore. My father in law has a farm. So we cut a nice 100 yard range and lug all the gear out there and shoot all we want. I have to admit I love being outside no matter the weather. We may have to build a wooden shelter and make it a bit more fancy one of these days. But for now a old camp picnic table, bench and tarp willl do.

Since its Memorial Day I guess I should post something American so here is my 1873 Trapdoor Springfield rifle. It came with an extra .45 caliber barrel and hammer to turn it into a muzzleloader. The barrels were sold by Numrich Arms some years ago.
IMG_3153.JPG
20140723_152751.jpg
IMG_2441.JPG
IMG_2437a.jpg
IMG_2435.JPG
IMG_3154.JPG

Back
Top Bottom