• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

camaro rearend (differential)

What's currently there? Have you broken anything yet? Stock, mostly stock (anything been upgraded) Intended use? Stop light racer, mountain carving or weekend track toy?
More importantly, what are you running for tires and suspension? If you don't have any traction you won't break parts.
Run it hard to failure, evaluate and upgrade from there.

I have a 93 z28 with bout 400 hp to the rear tires i dont think the rearend can hold that kinda power any ideas without spending 2 grand
set of moser axels and brute strength diff (moroso) c-clip eliminators and a torque arm to keep it straight around 1200 to 1500$ and you keep your housing in the car..good for around 600hp

Thanks sweet brad thats what im in the process of doing i have already bought a detroit tru trac it already has mosler c clip eliminators & 373 gears with slp connectors & yukon axel kit it looks like the posi unit was the only thing missing.
By the way its a lt1 383 .

Maby one day i can afford a 9" ford for now i will just beef up mine
IMG_0303.jpg

As long as you don't put slicks the stock holds up fairly well with a good locker and axles, but just not strong enough to stay together very long with sticky tires.

Back
Top Bottom