• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Camping stove?

I have a stainless one that I picked up at Home Depot years ago. It is like the Coleman two burner that runs off propane. I don't remember the name but it works fine. It can be a pain to get it to simmer in the wind, but if you block the wind well enough it makes it easier to get that flame low. If I was buying now, I'd give the Jetboil Genesis a serious look.

Partner Steel
Camp Chef
GSI
Jetboil Genesis
Blackstone Griddle

Whether or not I’m backpacking or glamping out of my truck, I just use a couple MSR pocket rockets and canned fuel. Fuel isn’t that expensive and they easy to adjust the flame. MSR makes larger stoves if you’re coming with cast iron or just need something heavier.

Back in 87 a propane fuel cell froze up on me. Inside my sleeping bag. Coldest night of my life. I had to skip breakfast and walk for four hours straight to get warmed back up.

Those two burner Coleman stoves are fine for car camping.

If you are carrying a pack I recommend the msr whisperlite and a bottle of Coleman fuel.

Back in 87 a propane fuel cell froze up on me. Inside my sleeping bag. Coldest night of my life. I had to skip breakfast a walk for four hours straight to get warmed back up.

Those two burner Coleman stoves are fine for car camping.

If you are carrying a pack I recommend the msr whisperlite and a bottle of Coleman fuel.
i use the pocketrocket2. i like to take it wade fishig and cook a trout or some type of lunch stream side.
i use MSR fuel for that.

I have a 2 burner Coleman from the 60s and a 3 burner from the 70s.
Still use both of them often. They are AWESOME!
Talk about VINTAGE!!
IMG_8398.jpg

Back
Top Bottom