• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Can a whitetail get this big?

VanillaGuerrilla

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
119   0
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354745193.303170.jpg

Or is this some photoshop work. Supposedly killed in Michigan and 400lbs.

Well, they certainly can grow a rack that large. The further north you go the larger the bodies on the deer, and animals in general. if I recall it is called Bergmann's Rule. Now can a whitetail get to 400 lbs? That's quite a question. I killed a 9 yr old buck in Nebraska that had been living in the sand hills and river bottoms that weighed 306 lbs on a grain scale. So could a whitetail that was in a high fenced enclosure, fed high protien feed and protected against disease and injuries get to 400? I would say it is in the realm of possibility. I think they regularly kill 300 lb + bucks in Alberta and Sasketchewan.
Not to say this wasn't photo shopped, but I believe it is possible for whitetails of that different subspecies up north to get that large!!

Uh, no. We killed some 280's+ in Nebraska, but 400 pounds. Not unless it had a thyroid issue, and was drinking mountain dew.

I killed a 326lb (grain scale) 12pt in IL a few years back, so it could be possible. I've seen close to 400lb deer take in the great white north, but nothing this big.

It's kinda like Hogzilla, that thing was killed off of land that raised fish ("home of the GA giant", look that up, WOW) so the hog lived off of fish food and high protein enriched water. If the food is right, I would say yes.

I would think that the average Ethiopian would say there's no way a man can get to 1000lbs too.

Back
Top Bottom