Can a whitetail get this big?

I think I would have tried to capture it alive... so I could ride it back to the truck before I shot it.

No way in hell I could drag that outta the woods if its real.

Well, they certainly can grow a rack that large. The further north you go the larger the bodies on the deer, and animals in general. if I recall it is called Bergmann's Rule. Now can a whitetail get to 400 lbs? That's quite a question. I killed a 9 yr old buck in Nebraska that had been living in the sand hills and river bottoms that weighed 306 lbs on a grain scale. So could a whitetail that was in a high fenced enclosure, fed high protien feed and protected against disease and injuries get to 400? I would say it is in the realm of possibility. I think they regularly kill 300 lb + bucks in Alberta and Sasketchewan.
Not to say this wasn't photo shopped, but I believe it is possible for whitetails of that different subspecies up north to get that large!!

1) You are right on the Bergmanns rule.
2) Whitetails can get in excess of 500lbs. Although EXTREMELY RARE.
3) That is photoshop
4) I just felt like putting a 4 here and have nothing of value left to ad to the conversation.

That pic makes it's rounds every year.....It's been reported killed in Illinois, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Iowa.......... To answer OP my opinion is high fence deer fattened up on grain...

Back
Top Bottom