• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can anyone lend me a heat gun?

SuperMario92

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
63   4
Reaction score
Long story short, I tried to make a kydex holster fit a little better by sticking it in the toaster oven. It was difficult to work with material when all of it is soft and I burned my fingers in the process. Does anyone have a heat gun they can lend me for a day or a really inexpensive one for sale? Also if you have any tips for working with this material I'd really appreciate it.

Long story short, I tried to make a kydex holster fit a little better by sticking it in the toaster oven. It was difficult to work with material when all of it is soft and I burned my fingers in the process. Does anyone have a heat gun they can lend me for a day or a really inexpensive one for sale? Also if you have any tips for working with this material I'd really appreciate it.
I would be happy to loan you one, but the gas to get here would be more than the cost of a heat gun. Check Harbor Freight, I think their regular price for a dual heat gun is $19.95 and about $12.95 on sale.

upload_2015-4-16_12-1-35.png

How much of the holster now needs to be reformed? Usually to adjust retention you heat the trigger guard area. Or the ejection port depending on how formed it is. For future reference, a hair dryer should get kydex soft enough to play around with the retention. I'd suggest gloves as well.

Back
Top Bottom