• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can someone here use Ga. redneck lingo to explain options trading to me?

Just goat it...
giphy (28).gif

This is the way I was explained selling short on margin. To make it simple, pretend there are no penalties or fees involved. Somebody in the world owns (1) share of stock valued at $100. As an investor, I think that stock will go down in value and I have $10 that says it will. Without the owner knowing, I temporarily take control of that single stock. If the stock goes down in value to $90, like I thought, I buy the stock at the low price and sell it back to them at $100 thereby pocketing $10 profit on a $10 bet. If the stock goes up in value, instead of down, let's say to $110, I lose, and my $10 bet goes to the original owner of the stock to make them whole.

Any clearer?

This is the way I was explained selling short on margin. To make it simple, pretend there are no penalties or fees involved. Somebody in the world owns (1) share of stock valued at $100. As an investor, I think that stock will go down in value and I have $10 that says it will. Without the owner knowing, I temporarily take control of that single stock. If the stock goes down in value to $90, like I thought, I buy the stock at the low price and sell it back to them at $100 thereby pocketing $10 profit on a $10 bet. If the stock goes up in value, instead of down, let's say to $110, I lose, and my $10 bet goes to the original owner of the stock to make them whole.

Any clearer?
Clear as horse turds

Clear as horse turds
Okay , Leroy has two baby pigs You see him and you think that they might grow up to be a great big Hogs by the next Fall . You tell him You'll pay half of what he Paid to feed them over the winter . On the 2nd of February Groundhog's Day . If they both weigh 250 lbs each . You will go get to baby pigs and give them to him for his large pigs If they do not Weigh that much Then you will pay him the difference in between what they should have weighed And what they actually do . So, The big white day comes up And the Hogs only weigh a hundred and seventy-five pounds So you owe him back The two piglets . And you'll have to go find them somewhere And pay them back and give them to him That's options trading . Don't tell Leroy

Okay , Leroy has two baby pigs You see him and you think that they might grow up to be a great big Hogs by the next Fall . You tell him You'll pay half of what he Paid to feed them over the winter . On the 2nd of February Groundhog's Day . If they both weigh 250 lbs each . You will go get to baby pigs and give them to him for his large pigs If they do not Weigh that much Then you will pay him the difference in between what they should have weighed And what they actually do . So, The big white day comes up And the Hogs only weigh a hundred and seventy-five pounds So you owe him back The two piglets . And you'll have to go find them somewhere And pay them back and give them to him That's options trading . Don't tell Leroy
Ol Leroy has millions o greenbacks stashed off sure

Back
Top Bottom