• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can you tell me why? Glock 48 / 48MOS

kimberlover

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
5   0
Reaction score
Seems silly to me so listing this hear:

I am seeing several listings for Glocks, example: Glock 48 mos, will trade for a Glock 48. As well as 43x, same deal.

As I own both 48 /48 mos and 43x / 43xmos I cannot figure out why the person with the MOS wants to trade for a non mos? Pretty darn much the same gun except for the dot mount option. And if you keep it you always have that fixability to dot up???? Am I missing something (other then what my wife and kids say about me)?

I have a 19mos i am about to listed. I dont like red dots and wont use them. So why not trade for something i will use like a G45 and some boot or ammo?
Why not just leave the factory cover plate and not deal with the cheap asses on here that refuse to drive further than their driveways?

Unless you're just dead set on the 45

Glock went with a retarded optics cut on the 43x 48 MOS (RMSc cut) which limits your optics choices to Chinese junk or British junk.

If you want to run a quality battle proven dead nuts reliable optic you are going to have to have the slide cut again and then you end up with the retarded setup of having the rear sight in front of the optic.

Unless you care about the light rail (which is also retarded, the non MOS versions are the better option for running a quality optics setup.

I have a MPRD American made Chinese junk optic on my 43x mos, but as soon as I figure out what I did with the factory cover and screws, it’s coming off. I am not a fan of optics on carry guns after carrying one for three months.

Why not just leave the factory cover plate and not deal with the cheap asses on here that refuse to drive further than their driveways?

Unless you're just dead set on the 45

45 is a far superior firearm to the 19 and if you are a master negotiator like blazedawg87 blazedawg87 , you do your trading on the front porch cuz they go to him.

Also, I would assume the factory plate is still on his gun since he’s not interested in optics.

45 is a far superior firearm to the 19 and if you are a master negotiator like blazedawg87 blazedawg87 , you do your trading on the front porch cuz they go to him.

Also, I would assume the factory plate is still on his gun since he’s not interested in optics.
Traded into to it with the triji already on it. Finger banged it for like 10 minuets when i got home and said "yeap, still hate optics on pistols" But they sell/trade well here. Better than the AR i traded for it lol

What don't you like about it?
Just prefer regular sights. Straight 8 with a big front dot to me is vastly easier to get on target than a red dot.
Maybe target shooting or competition red dots are better, but i do neither and dont see the point in adding more weight and something else to break on a carry gun.

Just prefer regular sights. Straight 8 with a big front dot to me is vastly easier to get on target than a red dot.
Maybe target shooting or competition red dots are better, but i do neither and dont see the point in adding more weight and something else to break on a carry gun.
Heard. Just curious.

Back
Top Bottom