• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Canned crab meat?

palmettomoon

Army Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater
228   0
Reaction score
I purchased some Hamm's beer tonight (in honor of letusbuyyourcar) and when I got home I started looking through the cabinets for other yucky stuff to try. I found some crab meat (canned) that I must have purchased from Costco in 2005. It has a 'best buy' date of 2007 and I understand as long as the cans show no sign of spoilage or bad odors once opened, it's supposed to be okay but may not have the best flavor or color/texture.

Anybody have any experience with really old crab meat? Should I just save it for a dip when I have people over that I don't like?

I purchased some Hamm's beer tonight (in honor of letusbuyyourcar) and when I got home I started looking through the cabinets for other yucky stuff to try. I found some crab meat (canned) that I must have purchased from Costco in 2005. It has a 'best buy' date of 2007 and I understand as long as the cans show no sign of spoilage or bad odors once opened, it's supposed to be okay but may not have the best flavor or color/texture.

Anybody have any experience with really old crab meat? Should I just save it for a dip when I have people over that I don't like?

I'd rather drink Hillary Clintons bath water. Either way your getting old crab juice and musty flavors but that old stuff in the can could be deadly (er).

Ten years is a long time to marinate.
I bet it would be mushy.
A blender tonic seems appropriate.
Got any "aged" pickled stuff?
Maybe check the bottom fridge shelf for some suitably themed mix.

I give most canned goods a pretty liberal variable on expiration dates but I'm not sure I'd be willing to chow down on some musty crab.

This thread needs pictures!

Hamms.jpg

Back
Top Bottom