• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Car Hauler Trailers

CliffB

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
74   0
Reaction score
I quit my job in retail back in May and have been doing freight and logistics ever since. One of my accounts needs me to be able to move Side x Sides and ATV's that sometimes don't fit in my van. I am looking at the Big Tex 70CH in 7'x18' but was curious if anyone knows of any other options in that size that would be of equal quality for less money. I found one similar on Craigslist for $1,749 on the north side of town that looks somewhat comparable. Any suggestions?

Lot of difference in trailer quality, best ones I have seen came from trailers plus in Kennesaw, got mine there about nine years ago and it was $400 cheaper for the exact same trailer at another dealer,enclosed trailers were much better quality than the Diamond cargo that I looked at.

Well someone dropped either a large rock or a piece of asphalt from an overpass today so i will be buying a new windshield instead of a trailer this month.

Friend of mine is using an old sprinter van to haul expedited freight

He's making a bundle
More than when I owned and drove my 18 wheeler

I probably would stay away from using a trailer
Won't hooking up a trailer bump you up to having to get a DOT number use a logbook and go thru weigh stations and file quarterly fuel taxes and all that crap ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just running ATV's back and forth across the city shouldn't touch DOT. Even on the off chance i take one out of state one or two atv's on a trailer shouldn't throw any red flags anyways.

Long as you don't have any logo or sign on the truck or trailer

And any 3/4 ton pickup will exceed the 10k gcvwr of you hitch a trailer to it

They use the weight capacity of the truck and trailer not the actual weight

I know several plumbers and electricians and landscapers that have gotten busted and fined by the ga dot or psc and forced to get a dot number and keep log books

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom