• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carroll Co bucks.

Might very well be. I've never seen a Georgia buck with that much head gear at 2.5. Is this your land? It will be nice to see what he looks like in a couple years.

It's my lease land. If I ever hit the lotto, I'll own it. I've kept track of several mature deer on this tract of land over the years. They don't ever go too far from here according to my trail cameras.
I hope that the 10 pt goes into hiding and doesn't get shot. I don't get obsessed with trophy hunting, but I'd still like for that fella to make it a couple more years. The genetics are here and we have a lot of deer. Our does are plentiful enough to keep bucks around during the fall. I'm sure they wander off, but they can't breed all of these does during the first rut. We see a lot of late rut action here too. There's some really good sanctuary near us and I'm sure that a lot of our mature deer slip on over there once the pressure gets applied to them. If he shows himself in front of me, it'll be a bad move on his behalf.

It's my lease land. If I ever hit the lotto, I'll own it. I've kept track of several mature deer on this tract of land over the years. They don't ever go too far from here according to my trail cameras.
I hope that the 10 pt goes into hiding and doesn't get shot. I don't get obsessed with trophy hunting, but I'd still like for that fella to make it a couple more years. The genetics are here and we have a lot of deer. Our does are plentiful enough to keep bucks around during the fall. I'm sure they wander off, but they can't breed all of these does during the first rut. We see a lot of late rut action here too. There's some really good sanctuary near us and I'm sure that a lot of our mature deer slip on over there once the pressure gets applied to them. If he shows himself in front of me, it'll be a bad move on his behalf.

I hunt on Fort Gordon. There are alot of big bucks but they are hard to hunt. There are alot of closed off areas and the old smart bucks find them. They still make mistakes though. I've never shot anything bigger than a 9 so I'll hold off on shooting a buck until the right one comes out. I want a 10 or 12.

I shoo them away with a broom every time I go out there but they keep on coming back.
Carroll county ain't such a bad place to be come deer season huh?
I've seen a few good ones on my property over the last several seasons but haven't ever killed one of em yet. But they're big enough to keep you coming back looking for them...... maybe this year? Lol

Back
Top Bottom