• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carry Essentials, Stone Mountain, 1/22

1   0
Reaction score
Registration available here.

DESCRIPTION
This class designed to impart the essential skills and knowledge needed to operate a pistol safely and effectively, and it forms the foundation of our pistol training program. The classroom portion of the class will focus on defensive mindset, avoidance, and the use of force.

The range portion will cover the following topics:

• Loading and Clearing
  • Proper Grip and Stance
  • Proper Trigger Technique
  • Marksmanship under stress
  • Presentation (Draw)
  • Reloads
Students will need to bring the following:

• All personal safety equipment (eye/ear protection, brimmed hat, etc.)
  • A quality firearm with a minimum 6-shot capacity (semi-automatic preferred)
  • Minimum of three loading devices (magazines, speed loaders, etc) w/ carriers
  • A strong-side holster that will not collapse when the pistol is drawn (also, no Serpa or similar type holsters)
  • Concealment garment
  • Personal comfort items (drinks, snacks, chairs, etc.)
  • 200 rounds of ammunition
This course (or an approved substitute) will be a prerequisite for our other pistol courses.

Cost: The cost for this course is $100.00. A spot in the class may be reserved by making a $50.00 deposit (plus $3.74 processing fee if paid through Eventbrite via credit card). The balance is due on the date of the class.

Arrangements to pay the deposit via cash, check, money order, or PayPal may be made by contacting the instructor at lee@firstpersonsafety.com.

Weather policy: If the weather is such that it jeopardizes the students' safety, the class will be postponed or delayed as appropriate. Otherwise, the class will go forth as scheduled rain or shine.

Cancellation Policy: The deposit is non-refundable if you choose not to attend the class. If the range were to cancel, full refunds will be made. I reserve the right to cancel the class and grant full refunds if fewer than five students sign up for the class. If I am forced to cancel the class for reasons other than the reasons outlined above, students will have the option of refund of their deposit or attending the course on another date at a reduced fee.

GA POST certified peace officers will receive POST credit for this class.

Would this be a good course for my wife who doesnt currently shoot but wants to?

It's a more than a "the bullet comes out of this end" course as there is work from the holster and reloads, but it's not "super ninja level" either. I had a person in it recently who fired her first shot ever in the class, and she did fine.

If she feels overwhelmed by that, we can always do a private lesson at some point.

Is this course the one you were referring too??
Is this the same as Pistol Essentials??

Carry Essentials is a revamped version for Pistol Essentials based upon feedback and participation from students. The Pistol Essentials class had a rather lengthy question and answer session, and I have taken many of those questions and put them into a presentation format.

Back
Top Bottom