• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carry in Florida?

hunter6190

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
10   0
Reaction score
Going to be in Destin from the 18th to the 25th, Does anyone have experience carrying in Florida? I know they accept my Georgia weapons permit but is there anything else I should be aware of?

Be sure to check local ordinances!!!! Though your permit is valid, Florida laws still apply.

FL has a law that negates all local firearm ordinances. State law is all you need worry about. Not to say you still can't get a local that's ignorant to hassle you about something. But that's the law as of 2-3 years ago or so.

Also main difference that I found is that you can't take your gun into a bar if it's part of a restaurant. Say sitting at the bar and ording dinner in an Outback is OK in GA and not in FL.. You should take a table in FL. At least that's my understanding.

Does anyone know were i can find out if florida requires a gun be holstered? I'm planning in taking my S&W 637 and i don't have a holster for it bc georgia dropped it holster requirement. I've scoured the interwebs for this and haven't been able to find it. I'm not looking for someone's word I'd like to see a link where it is stated in black and white.

Back
Top Bottom