Carry lic no good for academy

Found a good deal on a 1911 at academy fill out paper work and give them my lic and carry lic but since the address was different since I moved the out of county lic was a no go for academy and they had to do a background check which I was delayed on. What could cause this other than shear stupidity. Let me say I have not commited any crimes.
crime of humanity has been committed..never shop at Academy sports again.....only good deals here! LOL!

No firearms dealer HAS to accept your GWL (regardless of addresses matching) in lieu of a NICS background check...

From Georgia Carry.ORG vvv

Q: Do I have to pass a background check when purchasing a firearm from a Dealer?
A: You will be required to pass a background check when purchasing a firearm from a dealer. However, if you possess a valid Georgia Weapons License, your Georgia Weapons License will suffice as your background check. You will be required to show your state issued ID and your Georgia Weapons License in order to avoid the background check. Some firearms businesses may require a background check even if you have a GWL but it is not required by law. It is instead the business’ practices.

Back
Top Bottom