• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Carters Lake Stripers and Spots 3-16-14

CardsFan

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
0   0
Reaction score
My wife and I decided to swtich from the rereg pool and fish the big lake on Saturday. We started out getting trout from Buddy and Donna's delicious brownies at Bart's Bait and Tackle. We dropped baits in the water late (around 9:30am). What can I say, some days it's just hard to get out of bed at 4:30. This morning was one of 'em. :p

Stripers were not cooperating for most of the day, but Spots we frequently taking swipes at out bait. We managed a couple of fat spots riding trout behind planers very close to the banks in the dam portion of the lake. We also had bites crossing long points diagonally. But no Stripes!
By mid afternoon We crossed paths with an old friend - Cy Grajcar who runs Extreme Stripers Guide Service who was heading in from a trip. He was good enough to give us some baits and tips and damned if they didn't pay off immediately. His advice turned our day around.

In the last 2 hours of the day we boated (and released in healthy condition) a little over 60 pounds of fish. At days end we had three Stripers (two 19 lbs., one 17 lbs) and probably 6 spots between 3 to 4.5 pounds. Stripers hit on planers and freelines well away from the bank. Spots were hitting baits dragged close to the bank.

COPY_0001.jpgCOPY_0002.jpgCOPY_0003.jpgCOPY_0004.jpgCOPY_0005.jpg

hey cards fan. u of l alumni class of 84 - speed school. I'm with highingthehills, if you ever need someone. holler. also I was up that way yesterday in chatsworth. go there about every other week.

hey cards fan. u of l alumni class of 84 - speed school. I'm with highingthehills, if you ever need someone. holler. also I was up that way yesterday in chatsworth. go there about every other week.

We're only 2 years apart! Class of 86 for me, and from J.B. Speed School as well! BTW, I was smart enough to DVR the AAC championship game last night and watched after getting home. Cards are peaking at the right time again this year and looked awesome.

Would love to fish with you and hikingthehills. River fishing on the Coosa is about to kick in so this may have been our last trip to Carters until next November. That is ouf course if we can avoid the freaking polar vortexes this week :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom