• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Case Annealer

Sorry I am computer illiterate . I can put what the search bar shows. ar15.com/forums/t_6_42/434088_DIY _Annealing_Machine.html . I do not know if this will help or not .I found the site by searching for DIY annealing machines.

Simple? Looks like it would take a lot of work to build that. I believe I could come up with something simpler, although wouldn't be automatic like that one. Definitely not gonna give the guy $100 for instructions.

Rosewood

Is that the magic temp for annealing these? Does it change color to tell you?

I use a drill and socket just big enough for the case neck to stick out. Put templiac on the first case and turn on the torch. Run the flame tip about the middle of the neck, run the drill at a low speed and count until the templiac melts. I then repeat on the remaining brass by just counting. Has seemed to work well so far. Just not automated like the one in the video, maybe not quite as precise either.

I suppose I could rig something up to hold the drill for me at a set speed and set the distance from the flame, then use a timer to be more precise. May try that one day.

Rosewood

The instructions are free on Ar15.com . That is where I built mine from. Total cost was around 70.00 plus the wood. I used wood that I already had . Not that hard to build .

If you decide to build one , go toward the back of the write up . You only need one speed controller . The other controller has been replaced with a sensor .

Do you have the direct link? I went to their webpage and the only instructions on it I found was incomplete. Then there was a discussion about possible patent infringement I couldn't make sense out of.

Thanks,

Rosewood

Yeah , the patent infringement was BS . Guy did not even look at plans . Completely different. There is a web address at the top in my post . It is what was on my browser bar when I was on it .

Back
Top Bottom