• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Catahoula leopard dog

Great hunting dogs but not good pets !!! I hate two that sung to China in my backyard and ate all the panels
Of screen out of 12 panels on my porch. I have them to a young boy just getting started in hog hunting and they were his best dogs one would even catch !!!

Although I don't have one now, I have had probably 3 different ones in years past. They were great dogs. Smart, loving and obedient. Back then, I did a lot of wild hog hunting for local farmers and used them as track/bay dogs and they were excellent hunters too. For what it's worth, I'd own another.

Yes, but simply as a pet, never hunted with her. Great dog, killed a bunch of cats. Treed squirrels but never would bark. Only ever saw her act questionable once, my wifes cousin showed up with her 5yo son. She didn't like him too much.

Friend uses them in Mississippi to hunt hogs.
Has them in kennels next to the pig stickin spears.

Those dogs are laser guided hog killing missiles.

Very friendly dogs but not good for loving pets.

Meet Shredder.

View attachment 3194151

In just one day, she chewed the live 220v leads off my generator, chewed the automatic gate arm off it's pivot, and ate the seat out of my Kubota RTV

Here she is enjoying the hydraulic boot from my Kubota Tractor. You can't teach this!

View attachment 3194157

if you could get a mole to go in a straight line to a point where you need underground trench excavation, shredder was up to the task. I had read in a sporting magazine on Catahoulas was that you had to keep them busy or they would "eat your house". One day in the kitchen, I heard a crunching sound on the side porch...she was gnawing on the house!
We're going to go ahead and put you down as a "NO" vote. Lol

I have one as a pet I got from a guy here on OTD. AT first she chewed everything but now is the most loving docile dog I could have. Does not like strangers. Good with kids. Has yet to chase my chickens. Just takes a ton of love a attention. Mailman, UPS, Budget, Fed ex, school bus, none stand a chance. A very good watch dog and I have a sketchy neighbor so she gives him **** daily when he rides his golf cart around terrorizing her at the fence.

5D39B1C2-2148-425C-8C59-D4110C41F5A4.png
Awesome animals, very high drive working dogs. You definitely have to spend time with them whether there going to be a pet or for work. To see one hit a 300+ pound hog is an amazing site lol

If you’re looking for a pet, get a mutt from the pound .
My last one was from homeless pets , and was a three legged Akita and something mix , best dog ever.
Akita’s are very loving and loyal.

Back
Top Bottom