• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Caution Seniors

Now I'm confused, how can they steal my money by you growing older?

I often tell young cashiers as they try to figure the correct change
even after I've told them how much it should be "that's a benefit
of going to school back before schools allowed calculators".
Extra puzzlement when change amount is .62 and you give them
.12 so you can get two quarters back.
Want to really confuse some cashiers hand them a $2 bill.
I'll give you a $2 bill if you can make that math work.

I'll give you a $2 bill if you can make that math work.
Guess my fingers and brain weren't in same gear, sorry.

Make that cash register's change displayed amount was .62
so i gave them .12 to get two quarter's back.
..................................or.................................................
"extra puzzlement when change amount is .38 so I
give them .12 so I get two quarters back"

If neither of those straighten it out, let's furgit I ever
mentioned it. :embarassed:

2ND caution for seniors:
Watch that first step out the door, that concrete is hard
and you don't bounce as well as you did in your teens.

Oh, I do, what really bugs these kids is I tell them what they owe me back.....my change amount....before they can enter the transaction into the register. They look at me like I'm "magic" or something.
Me too. Young folks can’t do math these days. Haven’t you heard math is racist?

Sometimes it goes the other way. I was in a convenience store years ago, picking up my drive-home beer (back when one could do that), When the guy in front of me handed the clerk a $10. When he got his change, he told clerk he had given him a $20. Poor old guy went deer in headlights (he had already put the bill in the register).
I told the clerk that the guy had indeed handed him a $10 and he gave correct change.
Scam artist feigned anger, then left.
I got my beer free that day.

I used to maintain a retired farm for an elderly lady 20 years ago. I knew her late husband and some extended family. There was a few times she made sure I was present on the property to make sure she wasnt getting hosed. One of those times was with her own son. Every elderly person needs someone they can count on and trust.

Ok boomer

tumblr_e1861968b4fc63ce54c4a209f40c188e_c5428a51_400.gif

Now I'm confused, how can they steal my money by you growing older?

I often tell young cashiers as they try to figure the correct change
even after I've told them how much it should be "that's a benefit
of going to school back before schools allowed calculators".
Extra puzzlement when change amount is .62 and you give them
.12 so you can get two quarters back.
Want to really confuse some cashiers hand them a $2 bill.
Back during the Wu Flu pandemonium, there was a coin shortage because everyone was hoarding pennies to barter after the coming apocalypse.

So Kroger had signs up, "There is a national coin shortage, blah, blah, {please use plastic or exact change, blah blah)

So the cashier gives me my total, and I very dutifully tender a bill and 37 cents to make the change 1 Yankee dollar. I specifically remember the amount, because it is a quarter, a dime and 2 more less copper pennies, all of which I put together in a moment.

So the young lady, very correctly, gives me back FOUR quarters - she hands me FOUR coins for my FOUR coins.

I hand them back to her with the probably unnecessary remark that "you have the coin shortage, not me, don't you have a dollar bill", I get the blank stare, she looks at the screen on the register, and I can actually see the light bulb go in her head, "oh, yeah, that's a dollar."

Back
Top Bottom