• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Caution Seniors

It befuddles these kids when I tell them the proper amount of change owed before I give them my money. A few months back I watched a twit pull out her calculator and she was struggling to use it to verify my change. So now, they don't even use the readout on the cashier.

A young cashier getting paid by the hour with their entire life ahead of them VS an elderly person with limited time left on this earth.

Who's getting hurt the most wasting time counting pennies at Applebee's :lol:

I plan on spending my retirement years in the woods, or on a boat somewhere. Not arguing with teenagers over change.

A young cashier getting paid by the hour with their entire life ahead of them VS an elderly person with limited time left on this earth.

Who's getting hurt the most wasting time counting pennies at Applebee's :lol:

I plan on spending my retirement years in the woods, or on a boat somewhere. Not arguing with teenagers over change.
It’s pennies first and dollars next!

Oh, I do, what really bugs these kids is I tell them what they owe me back.....my change amount....before they can enter the transaction into the register. They look at me like I'm "magic" or something.
I do this too, it's great fun watching the little gears in their head slip a little.

Hell, I love to make all the young punks squirm ….I use my “old man” tactics every time I get a chance !! Bwahaha !!
Me too!..and if they want to speak some other language than what we learned in school, I make them get the manager to ring me up..and let them know!

I could/can make change faster than these "nuts" can the old fashion way of counting backwards from the penny to the quarter, or half dollar, if they were in the slot....

A friend of mine was a manager at a Waffle House many years ago. His shift was ten hours long, but on occasion he would work a double shift (20) hours because one of his staff wouldn't show up. This would happen quite often, and he would sometimes do this for days in a row, barely getting a few hours' sleep between shifts. One day, after working one of these marathon shifts, as his head hit the pillow to catch a quick nap, his phone rang. It was his second in command at the restaurant. The panicked voice on the other end of the phone says "BILLY, WE'RE OUT OF QUARTERS!!!!! Billy, asked "do you have dimes?" Yes. "Do you have nickels?" Yes. "Well two dimes and a nickel make a quarter!" He said there was a pause on the other end and all of a sudden, the voice says "OH WOW MAN!!!! THANKS!!!!!! and hangs up the phone!

• Haha
Reactions: GFB
Back
Top Bottom