• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CC permit question

define slight printing from an officers point of view.

Law is the law and they can violate you if they please, but will be sued from the right person

790.053 Open carrying of weapons.-
(1) Except as otherwise provided by law and in subsection (2), it is unlawful for any person to openly carry on or about his or her person any firearm or electric weapon or device. It is not a violation of this section for a person licensed to carry a concealed firearm as provided in s. 790.06(1), and who is lawfully carrying a firearm in a concealed manner, to briefly and openly display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another person, unless the firearm is intentionally displayed in an angry or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense.
(2) A person may openly carry, for purposes of lawful self-defense:
(a) A self-defense chemical spray.
(b) A nonlethal stun gun or dart-firing stun gun or other nonlethal electric weapon or device that is designed solely for defensive purposes.
(3) Any person violating this section commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

- - - Updated - - -

below is an email I just received from Gov Scotts office...

Florida has been BLESSED with some very good pro-gun Governors over the past 20 years or so, and we sure have a "dandy" now. Every...pro-gun bill that has hit is desk, he has signed

Thank you for contacting Governor Rick Scott regarding legislation passed by the Florida Legislature during the 2011 regular session. The Governor appreciates your thoughts and asked that I respond on his behalf.

The Executive Office of the Governor follows all bills as they move through the legislative process. Please be assured, Governor Scott carefully considered your comments and those of other concerned citizens regarding Senate Bill 234 relating to Firearms as he made his decision.

After consulting with all interested parties and thoroughly weighing all sides of this issue, Governor Scott signed Senate Bill 234 into law on June 17. Information about the Governor's Bill Actions can be found on the Governor's web site at Florida Governor Rick Scott - Bill Action

Thank you again for taking the time to contact the Governor's Office. Your input is important to him. Information about the Governor's administration and initiatives can be obtained online at Florida Governor Rick Scott - The Office of the 45th Governor of Florida

that whole law needs to be abolished. While I advocate CC, last thing I want is to be harassed by a Leo that didn't get the memo because my shirt was lifted and my grip left exposed for a bit.

that whole law needs to be abolished. While I advocate CC, last thing I want is to be harassed by a Leo that didn't get the memo because my shirt was lifted and my grip left exposed for a bit.

That law is a great law compared to before.You clearly don't know about rights as ANY cop can violate you from a traffic stop and searching your car to illegally arresting you for slight printing.
This is where you need to have an attorney handy and ready to sue a department and become rich and known in the new law after a gun group sues them also...

How about some of these GA cops that thinks it is illegal to conceal carry? or those that think open carry is illegal? If you feel scared of all this maybe you shouldn't carry period?

How about some of these GA cops that thinks it is illegal to conceal carry? or those that think open carry is illegal? If you feel scared of all this maybe you shouldn't carry period?
Atleast the law allows open carry and conceal carry, Florida does not and thus needs to be changed..

Back
Top Bottom