• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CCW license

is it just me

• Total voters
is it just me or is it extremely annoying all the post that say you must have a ccw. I got one when I first turned 21, it expired last year and really don't wanna go through getting it renewed. and honestly I don't wanna pay the govt for the freedom to use a constitutional right. in Georgia law enforcement isn't allowed to ask you to see your ccw anyways so why do we even need one
If you ever have to use that weapon you could be charged with carry without a license and the “DA” will go after you trying to say you shouldn’t of had it on you because you weren’t licensed. The “DA” will look for anything and I repeat ANYTHING to make you look bad. I just try to give them the least amount of fuel to add to the fire haha.

If you ever have to use that weapon you could be charged with carry without a license and the “DA” will go after you trying to say you shouldn’t of had it on you because you weren’t licensed. The “DA” will look for anything and I repeat ANYTHING to make you look bad. I just try to give them the least amount of fuel to add to the fire haha.
I'm on my 5th CWL from Georgia. The main reason I have it is because when buying a gun. Sure, the 4473 has to be filled out but the NICS check is bypassed which saves a few dollars. All of mine were more than paid for with that one benefit.

As long as you don't let it lapse out of their timelines, the renewal process is cheaper and much easier and I've yet to have to get re-fingerprinted, etc. Just did mine 2 weeks ago. Entered all the information online and printed out the form, paid the $30, got a picture taken and then got the renewal in the mail about 7 days later..

Not in GA.

If your use of a firearm in self defense was otherwise lawful they can't prosecute you for not having a license.

I'm on my 5th CWL from Georgia. The main reason I have it is because when buying a gun. Sure, the 4473 has to be filled out but the NICS check is bypassed which saves a few dollars. All of mine were more than paid for with that one benefit.

As long as you don't let it lapse out of their timelines, the renewal process is cheaper and much easier and I've yet to have to get re-fingerprinted, etc. Just did mine 2 weeks ago. Entered all the information online and printed out the form, paid the $30, got a picture taken and then got the renewal in the mail about 7 days later..
I just go down to the courthouse, I hate doing things online.

Even though it's a pain to get the CCW, you should get one because you can. Imagine most in the USA cant get one because their local laws.
Not getting one is a statistic. It gives those states a statistic that people in able states like GA have limited amounts of licenses issued
And how would they get this statistic, since they are "not allowed" to compile this information?

Back
Top Bottom