• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CDL Driver looking for PT

vineyardhunter

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
15   0
Reaction score
I’m Class A CDL holder w/ hazmat and tanker endorsements. I’ve been driving for 9 years now. I have joint custody of my daughter so I can’t work the traditional 70 hour weeks most truck drivers do. I’m looking for some flexible side work on the days/ weekends I don’t have her. My full time job is exempt from logs due to the short radius we serve so log violations aren’t an issue.

Thanks!

You tried one of the cdl temp services? Probably your best bet.
And I'm sure you know, but you're not exempt from HOS rules.

You tried one of the cdl temp services? Probably your best bet.
And I'm sure you know, but you're not exempt from HOS rules.
Not technically exempt but we don’t run logs so technically there’s no logs to track my hours… we just punch a time clock. Even if I did track them I’m on duty 40 hours a week and driving maybe 15 of that so I definitely have hours to spare lol.

If you’re punching a time clock , or have any electronic record of your work time being financially compensated it should be counted against your hours of service , and there’s evidence and a paper trail for any attorney to easily find if you’re involved in an accident , so if you’re being
Compensated for the work time , you need to factor it in .

Some of the temp agencies that suplly CDL drivers may have some part time stuff .
If you have haz mat tanker experience some of the fuel delivery places may have some part time work

Back
Top Bottom