• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cell phone for elderly recommendations

dhepler

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
11   0
Reaction score
I need recommendations for a cell phone and service that is cheap and super simple to use. Only need it for calls local and as far as Mississippi. It wont be used to send pics or google so I guess that is data. I have 2 or 3 cell phones now that were given to me if that would help on the price. Thanks

I need recommendations for a cell phone and service that is cheap and super simple to use. Only need it for calls local and as far as Mississippi. It wont be used to send pics or google so I guess that is data. I have 2 or 3 cell phones now that were given to me if that would help on the price. Thanks

I have AT&T mobility and it's on a senior plan that gives me 2GB a month (I use my phone on the net on the home wifi so it doesn't use the 2GB). It's like $55-$58 a month, IIRC..

Consumer cellular sold through target and aimed principally at "seasoned citizens". No thrills just your basic talk and text $30 dollars a month.
Your existing phone may be compatible but in all likelihood you'll probably need to purchase one of theirs.
Wife had one for years, no complaints and no service issues.

D, several years ago, I got a prepay Verizon plan with no contract, for $30 plus tax a month. Unlimited talk and, at least some text, I don't know if text is unlimited or not. I use an old Verizon flip phone that I already had. hope that helps. Happy trails and may God bless America.

I would either bring a couple of phone types to him/her and see what they are comfortable with. Or go to a store and let them pick one out.
Flip phones with big buttons and non touch type screens seem to be the go to. I have had to get three for diff elderly parent type. Verizon is pretty good on putting bill on my tab for my mom...there is a verizon right up the street of us and she can drop in anytime they will help. Even if its to guide her through an app.
Good luck !

We both have I phones from Consumer Cellular and we love them, i purchased at a target store and they have excellent customer service, my bill is about $29.00 each month as we are AARP members got tired of getting ripped off by AT&T also kept our old phone#!!!

Back
Top Bottom