Cerakote? Worth it or not

BlackRifler42

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
151   0
Reaction score
I recently traded for a Gen 3 Austrian Proof 19. It has a little carry wear that is noticeable. I like my guns to look as good as they function. So what that being said I want my 19 to look perfect. I have been looking into aftermarket coatings as well as sending it back to Glock for refinishing.

My question is Cerakote as good as some claim? Does it hold up well and does it look good and smooth? I've also looked in to the new Paradigm coating and I may go that route after seeing jclem's Glocks he recently posted. Regardless, whatever I decide it will be professionally done.

Just wanted to get opinions from my trusted ODT peers. Thanks guys

I would factory coat the glock at the glock factory and have them give it a once over. With that said, I don't have much experience with different coatings.

The glock 17L I had was finished in cerakote. Its VERY VERY tough. It went through 2 other owners before coming back to me. Not a single scratch.

I refinished an AK that we had Cerakoted a few years earlier.. It took forever to beadblast that **** off. After that.. I was sold. The Heat cure stuff is like nails and looks awesome

What is wrong with the tenifer finish that comes from the factory on Glocks? I can see using Cerakote on an older gun with a damaged finish but I feel the tenifer finish on the Glocks are more durable than anything I have seen yet.

What is wrong with the tenifer finish that comes from the factory on Glocks? I can see using Cerakote on an older gun with a damaged finish but I feel the tenifer finish on the Glocks are more durable than anything I have seen yet.

IMO ceracoat is a tougher finish. Granted the tenifer is an awesome finish, its just not as tough as cerakote. At least from what ive seen in the field.

Back
Top Bottom