Changes!

I guess your right as far as the pricing goes. The stuff isn't mine. The problem I have is when someone "makes the rounds" and buys everything there is and then turns it for a hefty profit. There is appreciation and depreciation of values on our stuff but $50-75 for a brick of .22 or 60-75 cents a round for .223? Really?!? What pisses me off is I have a very good friend who's retired. He is on a fixed income and before December happened he loved spending time with his grand kids and an old .22 just plinking away. Now, with the "opportunists" the old rifle sits idle. But your right, it's what the market will allow, so screw the guy that's an enthusiast as long as someone can double their money and give them a "protect my sensitive eyes from being called out" button.

I mostly agree with your statement. Heck, I don't like some of the stuff either, but I just hit the back button and don't buy. My problem is that you want to call out the seller. It takes two to make a deal, a seller and a buyer. I don't blame the seller, for the most part, because if no one bought his over priced stuff, those ads would disappear. The problem is members are buying his overpriced stuff, at least often enough to keep the seller busy. Of course, it is the buyers money and who am I to tell them how to spend their money. We also differ on the "protect my sensitive eyes from being called out" statement. The MEMBER posted an ad. The MEMBER did not start a thread, which is an invitation to comments negative or positive. There is a difference and until folks see that difference, this site has to put into place the "button" you mention. If more members would hit the back button on items they do not want to buy, and control the urge to belittle someone who is trying to sell something, and stop acting as if they have a right to voice their opinion in another members ad, then there would not be the need for a stupid button. I have never used and do not need an ignore button either. I am perfectly capable of ignoring people on my own.

Has anyone noticed that the Advanced Search option is no longer available in the Tapatalk app for this forum? It went away when these changes were made. Man, that was an awesome feature! PLEASE bring it back!

The button is OK. Most classified ads don't have a way to post a reply.
Now if we could just get sellers to post the item in the heading. I quit clicking those that just say "FS - Click - you know you want it!"
If the seller can't tell me what it is in a few words, I don't want to waste my time.

This is especially useful if you're selling .22 LR at .12 a round. If you ask for a price "OBO" and then don't like the "OBO" you receive, merely disable comments. Brilliant...and thread rated.

Overall, you comment has some validity. However, explain to me how someone "gouges" on sporting equipment. You want to call someone out on an ad because YOU don't like the price? Why? It does not belong to you, cannot hurt you, but you think you are protecting someone from a too high price? Control yourself, hit the back button if you don't like the price and quit thinking you are the all knowing price monitor. Give me one instance, where a buyer has complained about the price of something. Oh, we have all the non-buyer complaining, but never once have I seen a buyer complain. If the ad is too high, buyers will not buy, Complaining about it is just stupid.
This, you guys that are whining and crying about price please do the following. Back away from the computer. Get up, tell earlene to get you another beer. Walk outside the trailer and take your piss, scratch and all the good stuff. Take a break. Get your kids to teach you grammar, spelling, punctuation, maybe manners? Do you douchebags go to the gun show and run around crying? No, prob cause you'd get knocked on your ass. But your the high and mighty behind a computer screen. Amazing!!!! Get a life

Back
Top Bottom