• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

cheap, used, but usable, trailer wheels/tires, just need a pair

The Old Jaybird

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
5 lug, 4.5 inch spacing, 13, 14, 15 inch wheels. My son is rebuilding an old small trailer he got for free from a neighbor. they just need to be decent, usable condition. This is a trailer that will be used once a month or so, not a daily work situation.

any and all help appreciated.

I couldn't figure out how to post this in Want to Buy as it was all gun oriented.

There is a seller on Craigslist that has new tires and wheels cheaper than new tires alone. I bought a pair of 14‘s for 265.00 about 3-4 months ago from him. He’s in Douglasville.

just to be clear I need wheels with tires.

Tractor Supply wanted $180 each for 13s, and $210 each for 15s, they didn't have any 14s.

Wal-Mart had 13s for $121

This is a small flat bed trailer 6 x 10, like a motorcycle or lawn service trailer

I just tried to "sell" eight mounted wheels and tires to a Mexican used tire shop near me.
They were worn, not really good for daily driving, but I thought they'd have some value as a stop-gap measure to hold somebody over for a few weeks while they scraped-together the money for new tires. But, the guy said they were scrap and he could not resell them. I had to pay him to take these off my hands (hazardous material, EPA regs, and all that).

Anyhow, mine wouldn't have fit a small trailer; they were big tires for a full size pickup or SUV that was a 4WD.

But, the point is that they seemed to have no value, so maybe IF you looked at Craigslist or some online ads, or put-in a word to your local Messican used tire store that you need something like this, they'd let you know if they get some, and they'd let you have them cheep-cheep.

Back
Top Bottom