• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cheap way to prevent water spots?

after i wash mine after stainless tumbling, I roll mine around in a towell for a bit to get most of the surface water off, then I lay them out on the towel, and place a decent sized fan pointing over the brass. Let them blow dry for an hour or two, roll them all around again (also helps any extra pins to come out) and leave them in front of the fan till the next batch is ready to dry (couple of hours usually). clean and dry.

after i wash mine after stainless tumbling, I roll mine around in a towell for a bit to get most of the surface water off, then I lay them out on the towel, and place a decent sized fan pointing over the brass. Let them blow dry for an hour or two, roll them all around again (also helps any extra pins to come out) and leave them in front of the fan till the next batch is ready to dry (couple of hours usually). clean and dry.
The towel thing worked good! I came into another slight problem. It doesn't really matter but I want to know for my next batch of cleaning. I used Lyman sizing lube on my 223 when I form to 300blk. I noticed when I tumble again to get rid of the thick lube, it turns the brass almost tarnished brown. I can't explain it! It's not shiney but it's not dirty. It's a weird color. I guess it's just cleaned without the shine?

Back
Top Bottom