• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cheapest AR15 ever, Part 2

Xcaliber

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
101   0
Reaction score

1654811122848.png

notice it is IN STOCK, because some idiot will respond in a couple days that I'm advertising an OOS item.

BCA is only an hour from me. I should go just for the experience. I actually want a lower to build something chinesium and stupid but the stripped lowers are $150 and complete lowers are $230. No thanks.

BCA usually has free shipping and no tax. Every once in a while you can double a new coupon code too. Not sure if you can on this one but I picked up a complete upper for 212.00 to my door.

Is it worth it?
I had good luck with their side charging pistol uppers until I didn't. Two old style 8.5" in 5.56 worked fine. Only issue was the knurled handle would eventually work itself loose if you didn't Loctite it. Then the offered an updated Gen 2 with a more AKish looking handle that fit over a fixed pin in the BCG and had a bolt directly in front of that. Sounded good to me. Then I got one.
Let me just say their customer service was absolute **** UNTIL I started posting comments on all their YouTube videos about how my upper would get stuck not far enough into battery to fire but tight enough to mortar open. It took sending it back three times before they swapped it for the same upper in a regular rear charger. So personally I'm done with BCA.
As for this rifle on sale...well I like 7.62x39 a lot more than 5.56. But I like it in my AK or SKS. One of the downsides to this rifle is the mags. And I noticed they didn't include one. Not only are those crooked dick x39 AR mags ugly but they're a good bit more than standard mags and usually have to be ordered. It's pretty much the same story as why I don't own a Mini14/30. Cause I do love good old wood and steel rifles. But those damn Ruger mags...

Back
Top Bottom