• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Check out my new toy and a question....

The Bandit

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
112   0
Reaction score
So I picked this up a few days ago at an unbelievable price. dont know much about them but it is a para ordnance PDA LDA 9mm. i have found a few but even on para ordnance's website, it only shows this model being offered in 45 acp. regardless i cant wait to take it to try it out. the question i have is there one scuff and a couple of light scratches on the slide. other than that it looks new to me. anyone know a gunsmith in the gwinnett or hall area that may be able to buff these out for me for a decent price? i know i know, i probably could do it myself but i do not have any supplies for that nor have i done it before and i will not risk screwing up what is now that nicest gun i own lol. anyways enough with the talking heres a couple of pics.
i43.tinypic.com_2csfc6e.jpg

i43.tinypic.com_33m7hvb.jpg

To try and polish out the slide, you might want to PM one of our members, jmac. I have seen his work on this site since I joined and he does some great things. Don't know if the scratches will come out completely, but I know it will look better. Congrats on the Para.

thanks for the info, ill find him and send him a pm. i want to shoot it bad but have to wait. hopefully this wont give me any problems. the only real review i found for this particular model was on average joe gun reviews and he seemed pretty happy with it but i definitely want to put it through a solid test. still the most expensive gun iv ever own lol.

I say leave the battle scars. Scratches and blemishes tell stories and add character.

I've always looked at shiny perfect guns like showing up at a pickup little league game wearing a Tuxedo. You will possibly get snickers, picked last or not at all and people will be alot sure you/ it havent seen any real playing time.

These weapons we covet are tools, and made to stand up to use and sometimes abuse.

I've never seen an active Army Ranger with a flawless safe queen.

I don't abuse my weapons for no reason, but I'm not freaked out when they show signs of use.

My .02

Good looking little item. If you like it, cool. Otherwise, it will be on the boards here soon.

I say leave the battle scars. Scratches and blemishes tell stories and add character.

I've always looked at shiny perfect guns like showing up at a pickup little league game wearing a Tuxedo. You will possibly get snickers, picked last or not at all and people will be alot sure you/ it havent seen any real playing time.

These weapons we covet are tools, and made to stand up to use and sometimes abuse.

I've never seen an active Army Ranger with a flawless safe queen.

I don't abuse my weapons for no reason, but I'm not freaked out when they show signs of use.

My .02

Good looking little item. If you like it, cool. Otherwise, it will be on the boards here soon.

^^^^This^^^^ I've carried a Wilson Combat for 13 years and it is worn and has a few scratches on it. It just blows my mind that someone will spend $1500 to $2500 on a pistol that's built for shooting and stick it in a safe and only pull it out to say looky what I have. I didn't spend the $$$ and wait 6 months for that gun for it to sit in my safe!

i like your thinking. the only reason i did want to get it polished up nice was just in case its not what im looking for. so far it feels awesome in my hand and i cant think of a reason i wont like it unless it turns out to be like my 6906 which i loved to death but couldnt hit the broad side of a barn with lol. it was so comfortable in my hand and i couldnt hit anything but then i picked up a glock which felt kinda awkward, and im shooting like i never have. hopefully this one will feel good and shoot good.

Back
Top Bottom