Cherokee Gun, $99 lower

1EDsson

Default rank <4500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
65   0
Reaction score
Georgia Aerospace and Defense

IMG_6984.jpgIMG_6985.jpg

They also had G19's for 450! I didn't get one, they were goin fast though.

Kind of crowded., I went in at 9:15 and it took till 10:15 to get checked out.

I think there were only four guys working.

Last edited:
There is a thread here from back in March about those GAADM lowers being out of spec (the one I bought at the Expo Center show was a pain to build & won't drop PMAGS).
Hopefully Cherokee has better luck with theirs.

There is a thread here from back in March about those GAADM lowers being out of spec (the one I bought at the Expo Center show was a pain to build & won't drop PMAGS).
Hopefully Cherokee has better luck with theirs.

I got one a few months ago from Cherokee and it was a pain in the butt as well - especially the bolt catch pin. I bent two and had to stick the third in some pliers to bend it down a little and it was still TIGHT. I bought it to be something to beat on anyway, so not that big of a deal.

they are good lowers but the pin holes are crazy tight . I recomend sanding the pins before you even attemt to put them in the holes . i ended up taking a small file and taking almost the coating off the pins before i could get them in

I keep hearing all these complaints about the pin holes and bought one anyway tuesday. I dropped a DPMS lpk in it and..as advertised, the bolt catch pin and the rear trigger guard pin would NOT go in, no way no how...luckily, aluminum drills out well. I don't remember what size bit I used. I simply kept dropping bits in till I hit one that slid in tight...then used one size larger. Pins went in fine then and both still had to be tapped in with a mallet and punch so they aren't going to fall out on me. Everything else was a perfect fit. I think it's a good looking receiver but I would not recommend it to a first time builder. I'm happy with it. For 99 bucks, two zaps with a drill would not make me turn away from another one.

Back
Top Bottom