• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Chevy 2.2L Master Mechanic ?

i get what you're saying-nothing lasts forever and what-not.

check out this link
i believe those throttle body/butterfly bearings are on here

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/sealed-waterproof-bearing.html
Thats whats funny about this thread. Guys are saying ITS WATERPROOF when they don't even know the part# of the bearing in question. Thats why I err on the side of caution in this instance because assuming can make you look pretty stupid and cause another person (the OP) to trash a set of good bearings. I know for a fact those are dust shields meant to retain the factory lube and repel debris. I do not know for a fact that they are waterproof. So I won't make a claim as such. They're probably 6320 bearings which are extremely common but to know whether GM used a waterproof gland style bearing in their intakes (which never see liquid anything) is pretty hard to do without a part#. I will assume they're not waterproof in this instance. I don't see the need for a waterproof bearing in the intake of a gas engine anyways.

I bet you guys are delta workers as they know it all and all are engineers and aviation and auto experts and are food experts and know the tolerance on bearings and grease ingredients

Let me tell you this

I have personally raced and had plenty these 2.2 engines and know from personal experience that these bearings will NOT get damaged over cleaning them

After it drys spray wd40 and you're golden

I have clean more then most these guys in here

And they range from 165k -384k miles

And still running

Now I wouldn't pressure washer with 3200psi pressure washer at close range either nor let sit in the rain for years and try uses them

But a simple wash will not kill them

I know a guy that powdered coated his intake and left them in and screwed them up from high Temps
And I ended up replacing the bearings and you can't get water in these bearings unless your seal is damaged

OK best luck

Going back to work (delta)

Back
Top Bottom