• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Local Mechanic GM Trucks

Wow! I was able to get this taken care of today so all is good. That sounds like a major headache for your grandson.
The belt becomes pretty obvious and obnoxious before it comes apart. The belt was on back order a year or so ago. We had a customer drive several thousand miles waiting and he was “busy”and we noticed it coming apart when we changed it

Thanks brother, I was actually able to get the dealer who I bought the truck from to pay another dealer to put the belt and pulley on today. When you say getting the trans serviced, do you mean a full flush? Or just fluid change? I do have the 8 speed trans and a full flush every 45k is $$$

A complete fluid exchange, which uses a flush machine. Just dont add any extra chemicals. Only use the LVHP fluid.

A full flush will flush the torque converter which shutter is the first sign of transmission issue/failure. It’s cheaper than replacing transmission between 70-120k which is crazy.
What is your opinion on getting a full flush after 60k miles though? I was reading up that if you don't do the full flush early in its lifespan, a pressurized flush may end up doing more harm than good, as it essentially pushes around bits of varnish to smaller areas of the transmission, causing its own issues. I am considering at 60k+ miles just dropping the pan and doing a fluid and filter change.

What is your opinion on getting a full flush after 60k miles though? I was reading up that if you don't do the full flush early in its lifespan, a pressurized flush may end up doing more harm than good, as it essentially pushes around bits of varnish to smaller areas of the transmission, causing its own issues. I am considering at 60k+ miles just dropping the pan and doing a fluid and filter change.
I feel if its not shuttering go ahead and do it. Just make sure they use the correct fluid.

Back
Top Bottom