Chevy power seats

musket

Default rank <2000 posts
SCV-MOS&B
84   0
Reaction score
I've got the 10 way power seats in my 2004 Silverado and the passenger controls suddenly went dead. I checked the book to see if there are separate fuses for each side. It looks like one fuse only for the seats.
I know that sometimes you can tap on a starter to move the windings off a dead spot and it'll start working again. Any idea if that could work on the seat motor? I'm on the road and haven't tried this yet.
Any other insight would be appreciated.

I've got the 10 way power seats in my 2004 Silverado and the passenger controls suddenly went dead. I checked the book to see if there are separate fuses for each side. It looks like one fuse only for the seats.
I know that sometimes you can tap on a starter to move the windings off a dead spot and it'll start working again. Any idea if that could work on the seat motor? I'm on the road and haven't tried this yet.
Any other insight would be appreciated.
If all he functions whet dead at once I would suspect a fuse or possibly a broken wire that supplies the power to the controls. The controls only directs the power to the function you select. Failure of all of the functions at once means you are not getting power to the controls.

Get your voltmeter and puncture into the wires or stick them in a connector to look for power. Like he said.... Lost power to the whole seat it seems like.

That other guy with the backward controls.... Seems to be some crossed wires there.

Now if I could figure out how to kill that d#(% seat belt chime in the town and country I'd be very happy

I would check the wires / connection to the switch. Since the switch is mounted in the seat the harness may have gotten hung up on something while moving the seat forward or backward and pulled a wire loose.

Back
Top Bottom