• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dumping EVs, returning to gasoline powered vehicles.

We're definitely seeing a pullback on EVs, there's no doubt on that. But I think it was more a question of unreasonable expectations than any fundamental issues with the concept.

You had companies like Ford and GM making ridiculous promises that never had a chance of actually working out.

Even Tesla was playing that game a bit, and I doubt there would even be an EV market if it wasn't for Musk putting billions into boot-strapping it.

To go back to my earlier post, this is like when you had roughly 200 independent car companies in the US alone. Everyone thinks they can jump right in and become the next Tucker or Hupmobile (yes, that was a car company) because the EV space is the Wild West right now.

EVs have had their initial growth spurt. Now the consolidation starts.

I'm sure Tesla will be a major force for the near future. Probably Rivian as well. Some of the Big Three will try a few times until they get it right (Stellantis seems to be doing the best there) and the foreigners will be all over the place in what they try.

Sales will boom and bust based on new tech and gas prices and incentives, but at the end of the day we'll have a significant number of EVs replacing ICE cars... Just not all of them.

EV Sales have increased every year since 2019:

1707874822638.png

The world will be a better place when there's less truck drivers and more self driving EV trucks. View attachment 6879177
That’ll basically hand the VAC Award (visible ass crack) to the Plumbers Union. It’ll never happen. Truck drivers have worked hard to offend unsuspecting families for many decades. They won’t just roll over that easy…

The world will be a better place when there's less truck drivers and more self driving EV trucks. View attachment 6879177
unless you happen to be riding a motorcycle. The self driving vehicles seem to have issues with "seeing" motorcycles.

I am thinking of getting another EV for running errands and around town. Had a leaf years ago and if I can find a good deal on a cheap EV I'll get one. Putting less miles, maintenance and insurance on my "daily driver" will more than pay for a decent EV in a few years. don't need a lot of range so leaf might be good, but haven't checked used prices in a while.

Back
Top Bottom