• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Chicago

I’m in Chiraq now for a funeral - can’t wait to get back home. Staying away from the city best I can. They’re shooting at cars from the buildings along the Dan Ryan expressway!

In the 60's we would ride the bus to State street at Christmas time and spend the day. The animatronic window displays were cool, the city was decorated for Christmas, lunch at Marshall Fields or Walgreens, the old fashioned soda fountains, so much fun. Chicago has always been a den of corruption, but back then Mayor Dailey kept the animals under control. Today's democrat mayors are limp wristed panty waste non leaders. Chicago, New York city, Portland are testimonials to that.

In the 60's we would ride the bus to State street at Christmas time and spend the day. The animatronic window displays were cool, the city was decorated for Christmas, lunch at Marshall Fields or Walgreens, the old fashioned soda fountains, so much fun. Chicago has always been a den of corruption, but back then Mayor Dailey kept the animals under control. Today's democrat mayors are limp wristed panty waste non leaders. Chicago, New York city, Portland are testimonials to that.
I grew up there and also remember taking the “L” from the South side downtown to the movies - the big theaters like the Oriental, Chicago, etc were just like the Fox in Atlanta. Back in the late 50’s early 60’s you could ride the L without worrying about getting mugged or shot. Times have changed. You are absolutely correct about Mayor Daley keeping things under better control.

I grew up there and also remember taking the “L” from the South side downtown to the movies - the big theaters like the Oriental, Chicago, etc were just like the Fox in Atlanta. Back in the late 50’s early 60’s you could ride the L without worrying about getting mugged or shot. Times have changed. You are absolutely correct about Mayor Daley keeping things under better control.

70's and 80's we would go to the Biograph theater, bar hopping on Rush Street, concerts on Navy pier, Wrigley field, cruising on LSD, Lake Shore Drive not the drug. Never a great place, but a lot of fun at one time. I wouldn't go to Chicago for a million dollar's now.

Back
Top Bottom