• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Chicken

mudking2008

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
10   0
Reaction score
Okay we need some help/advise. We have 3 goats 1 got killed yesterday my the dog. We have 3 roosters and about 20 hens. And yes more to come. From silkies, ayam cemani, to bantoms. I'm thinking of getting a game bird for protecting the goats and chickens. My question is this. Is a game bird naturally aggressive towards dogs? (4) or would I be best off getting so geese?

She's not really aggressive but we have shocked her with the training collar which has helped alittle.i had a red years ago that you couldn't walk out the back door with out getting ate up

If your dog is killing livestock the size of goats, you are not going to break it, same applies for chickens really. If you wish to have your dog, and the livestock at the same time, you are probably going to have to find a way to keep them separated and safe from each other.

If your dog is killing livestock the size of goats, you are not going to break it, same applies for chickens really. If you wish to have your dog, and the livestock at the same time, you are probably going to have to find a way to keep them separated and safe from each other.
Totally agree with this.

You might be able to break the dog if you could monitor the situation 24/7 - but that dog is always going to be looking for an opportunity when you aren't looking.

One set of animals or the others are going to have to be penned up.

Totally agree with this.

You might be able to break the dog if you could monitor the situation 24/7 - but that dog is always going to be looking for an opportunity when you aren't looking.

One set of animals or the others are going to have to be penned up.
She only goes outside when we go out. My girlfriend let her out and ran inside to get something then came out and seen it. 3 out of the 4 dogs are on shock collars and she lit her up. If the goats bucked the hell our of her she'd probably leave them alone

Back
Top Bottom