• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Chickens

SkyBreaker

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
64   0
Reaction score
Not the ODT chickens.. Over the weekend I helped my dad fence in a large area and build a 12 chicken coupe. The next step of course, being the chickens. Does anyone have any suggestions? He wants them for eggs and the occasional fryer.. He has two grandaughters he wants to be able to play with them.. and they need to be Ga heat tolerant. Any suggestions would be a big help. I researched how to build the coupe, and the feed they need, but any advice form someone currently doing it would be great.

Or if anyone has a lead on some local to me, we are looking to purchase some this weekend.

Thanks in advance!

You can come get my neighbors rooster......if they say anything, just tell them I said it was ok.....lol

Last edited:
If your local to the Warner Robins area I saw some for sale just off of 247 down the old Hawkinsville rd. just before you get to 96 on the right. I didnt get a # since I`m not in the market but saw the sign last Tuesday

My parents had chickens when I was growing up. They just went to the local feed store and got whatever was there. I think whatever you get will be pretty hardy as far as weather goes. My parents killed them off when they treated the yard for ticks though. The chickens either ate the bug killer or ate bugs that were dying... I couldn't have been happier, LOL. I hated the chickens.

Ducks on the other hand can be fun. You can play with, pet, and hand feed ducks.

With whatever you get, make sure the coop is secure. Hawks, racoons, dogs, snakes, etc would all love to play in there. Either way, good luck!

Back
Top Bottom