• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

childs rifle or 10/22 with new stock?

SpeedyR

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
123   0
Reaction score
anyone use a good 10/22 with a childs stock (didn't want to say kids as some will think I'm talking about the high end aftermarket Kidds stuff)? or a kids rifle like a Rascal/Cricket or something?

My daughter is 9 and took her shooting some 22's today but they are still too big for her.

I saw a new 10/22 with a stock that comes apart to have a shorter LOP or something? or just get a bolt action kids rifle like a Rascal?

would prefer to do the 10/22 route as I already have them so just getting a new stock would be easier..

anyone use a good 10/22 with a childs stock (didn't want to say kids as some will think I'm talking about the high end aftermarket Kidds stuff)? or a kids rifle like a Rascal/Cricket or something?

My daughter is 9 and took her shooting some 22's today but they are still too big for her.

I saw a new 10/22 with a stock that comes apart to have a shorter LOP or something? or just get a bolt action kids rifle like a Rascal?

would prefer to do the 10/22 route as I already have them so just getting a new stock would be easier..
Seems like there is a youth model.
Look on the Ruger sight and click on "exclusives" then search those.

If you already have the rifle, just cut the stock off to the desired length and add back material or a butt pad as she grows. 10/22 stocks are a dime a dozen. There's at least one wood one for sale right now on ODT (seems like there always is).

Is this her first rifle? If so, is a semi auto a good idea? I started both my girls on single shot bolt actions. Makes the excitement of that first squirrel a bit safer. Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom