Choosing a new bank or credit union

I share a NFCU account with a partner. I’ll take DCCU any day over NFCU. I end up waiting in line just to be treated rudely. Better, quicker, and certainly nicer service at DCCU
I rarely ever have a reason to set foot in a NFCU branch, but the few times I have I can't recall ever being treated rudely at all. Of course, I can only relate my experiences there and I'm sure it's not the same experience at every single branch. I've had an account with NFCU since 2001 and I've never seen anything to make me think I needed to go anywhere else.

Former banker. Unless you are a whale, I would recommend a credit union over any of the big banks. Better rates and much less useless fees/legal theft. More personal. Both protect your money on a personal account up to 100k (FDIC or NCUA) but neither pay much interest on your money so a fire proof safe at home is not a bad idea either.

I bank with the only local bank in town not owned by the big boys. I don't use cash much but my bank reverses all ATM surcharges regardless of where I use the atm so I'm not beholden to one ATM brand= freedom and no fees. I got my car loan at the credit union though (as recommended by my bank! Truist/BofA would never do that!). They also give me a small cash back incentive every month for using my debit card which amounts to maybe $4 to $8 a month to my account. I consider that a fair trade for them holding/protecting and using my tiny stack of paper.

All small/mid tier banks will eventually be eaten by the big boys (see truist merger). It's all pyramid scheme with the "Federal" reserve at the top.

Just look for the one that is most convenient ATM placement with little/no fees with the online interface you like the best. Don't worry about the branch it won't be there in 10 years anyway as it's all getting automated.

Former banker. Unless you are a whale, I would recommend a credit union over any of the big banks. Better rates and much less useless fees/legal theft. More personal. Both protect your money on a personal account up to 100k (FDIC or NCUA) but neither pay much interest on your money so a fire proof safe at home is not a bad idea either.

I bank with the only local bank in town not owned by the big boys. I don't use cash much but my bank reverses all ATM surcharges regardless of where I use the atm so I'm not beholden to one ATM brand= freedom and no fees. I got my car loan at the credit union though (as recommended by my bank! Truist/BofA would never do that!). They also give me a small cash back incentive every month for using my debit card which amounts to maybe $4 to $8 a month to my account. I consider that a fair trade for them holding/protecting and using my tiny stack of paper.

All small/mid tier banks will eventually be eaten by the big boys (see truist merger). It's all pyramid scheme with the "Federal" reserve at the top.

Just look for the one that is most convenient ATM placement with little/no fees with the online interface you like the best. Don't worry about the branch it won't be there in 10 years anyway as it's all getting automated.
The merger of BB&T and Sun Trust is like two mental retards getting married.

Coosa Valley Credit Union is a great one to use, all over N.Ga. but a new one has opened in Woodstock, Ga.
Known the CEO all his life and grew up with his Dad. Plus my Daughter has been with them for years.

Back
Top Bottom