• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Chopping G17 Frame

Meh. All the burden of a longer slide without the benefits of a larger magazine.
Odd looking and probably not very well balanced.
More muzzle flip.
I like em the other way around. Shorter slide and full grip.

Your statement is incorrect.

Longer slide = more mass = reduction of felt recoil AKA "muzzle flip"

More mass at same velocity = more energy transfered to the shooter. Maybe I have confirmation bias but I've tested this a number of times and always came to the conclusion that the 17 has more muzzle flip than my 19x

Physics has you wrong on this one, Force=Mass*Acceleration. All the factors remain the same in the chopped glock 17 scenario since the mass of the slide is not changing and neither is the acceleration, the only change is surface area transfer to the shooters hand since the area of contact is reduced and moment of rotation is the same/increased due to area of energy transfer (aka the grip) your going to feel more "snap" due to the smaller grip but still larger slide since Moment=Force * Distance...... SOOOO in actuality the chopped G17 has no benefit over the g19 besides capacity and you basically nuked the resale so OP id say go with the G19 and sell/trade the G17 for one

Physics has you wrong on this one, Force=Mass*Acceleration. All the factors remain the same in the chopped glock 17 scenario since the mass of the slide is not changing and neither is the acceleration, the only change is surface area transfer to the shooters hand since the area of contact is reduced and moment of rotation is the same/increased due to area of energy transfer (aka the grip) your going to feel more "snap" due to the smaller grip but still larger slide since Moment=Force * Distance...... SOOOO in actuality the chopped G17 has no benefit over the g19 besides capacity and you basically nuked the resale so OP id say go with the G19 and sell/trade the G17 for one
So much science! I already have a 17 and a 19. Was considering trading the 19 for another 17 and chopping it.

I sold a lot of things last year and transitioned to all 9mm Glocks.

My thought process was to buy as many G17 mags as humanly possible and keep one stock G19 mag for carrying in the G19. Eventually I'll get a G26 and carry one G26 mag in it. But all my back up mags will fit any gun I'm carrying.

I get keeping the stock mags of G19 and G26 for concealment purposes. But I use G17 mags as back ups cause you know...party time if I'm drawing my weapon.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom